Do you need a copywriter you can trust to write your company news stories? If so, I’ll be glad to help. I’m a qualified news journalist as well as a copywriter.
If the latest news stories on your website are months old then this sends out a dreadful message … your business has stalled.
Of course, the opposite could be true: You’re so busy, you don’t have time to write new stories. But your audience will not know this. They assume the worst. However, it’s easy to fix.
- Remove the ‘latest news’ section on your home page. Not great. But problem solved. Kind of.
- Employ a PR firm – if you have the budget – to create your stories.
But there’s cost-effective alternative …
Get a copywriter like me to generate your news items. One story per month is the bare minimum for looking fresh. But more is far better, especially for a medium/large company.
Experience: News stories
A copywriter must understand the kinds of news stories that will interest your audience. See Why choose me? to find out what makes me different – and how I can give you the edge.
How to keep the stories coming
As a journalist, I was blessed with a news antennae. When I was younger, this made it difficult to get dates. But now it’s paying off. Seriously though, most companies have a pool of potential stories that they haven’t noticed. Bigger stories may work as press releases too.
Here are some ideas:
- New customer contract announcements
- New product/service launches/updates
- New people joining your company
- Comments by your top team on hot industry topics (also see blogs)
- Funds raised for supported charities.
As a former newspaper man, I can write these stories quickly and easily. A quick telephone interview and approvals via email – then it’s up on your website. Job done.
With enough news stories, it’s also easy to create an email newsletter for your customers.